Saturday, April 17, 2010

My First Craft Show!


Finally, I got my act together and prepared for my first craft show at the Torrance Craftsmen's Guild Spring Faire. What a lot of preparation for a one day show. It took a lot of thought to come up with a display for my "shop". I realize it is a work in progress and it will take some time before I'm happy with it. The theme is a flower garden and the centerpiece is a flower garden cart I've had in storage for a few years. It happened to be the perfect size for my little shop front. I added a garden flag sign and made a shop sign. It was a great starting point. Then I decided on the color scheme...garden green, pink and yellow.



I needed something to display my items, and instead of a shelf, I found a garden fence and used it to hang things on. It worked great and was inexpensive and easy to store.




When I make amigurumi, I want to make something to make people smile, and I'd have to say I saw a lot of smiles today and received a lot of positive feedback! This makes me very happy and suddenly, all that preparation and work paid off big time!

4 comments:

inkberryblue said...

Your shop looks gorgeous...and you can tell how much work you've put into it. Congratulations on doing your first show!

Peach said...

It was so great to see you at the Del Amo mall this past weekend! Your stuff is so adorable. Keep up the great work!

Paula
(Peachy on Ravelry)

Anonymous said...

okay so
1 - You are SO good at Crafting!
2 - You are a very intereting person! I hope you dont mind, but i am going to follow you! I LoVe your blog!

My Hands said...

Hi Susie, your craft table looked amazing. My friend had a cabin in torrance many years ago where she sold her beautiful paintings. I loved helping out there. I've just finished making a family of 5 juggling kitties for my cats. Thanks for your lovely pattern. They love playing with them.